Apple just pushed out iOS 6.0.1 that is supposed to fix a host of issues. iPhone 5 owners, you have one extra step to install the update. iPhone 5 needed an extra step because there is a bug in iOS 6.0 that prevents the iPhone 5 from doing OTA updates. Don’t worry, it’s really easy and really fast
iOS 6.0.1 OTA update
- Go to general settings.
- Choose software update.
iPad (3rd generation)
iPod touch (4th generation)
Fix to iOS 6.0.1 upgrade issues
1. Check for updates as usual
2. Download and install the updater
3. Run the updater
4. Update as normal … it happens automatically.
iOS 6.0.1 Release notes:
This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:
- Fixes a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air
- Fixes a bug where horizontal lines may be displayed across the keyboard
- Fixes an issue that could cause camera flash to not go off
- Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 Wi-Fi networks
- Resolves an issue that prevents the iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances
- Consolidated the Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match
- Fixes a Passcode Lock bug which sometimes allowed access to Passbook pass details from lock screen
- Fixes a bug affecting Exchange meetings
You can also download iOS 6.0.1 using the direct download links available or connecting and updating from the iTunes as well.
For more information on Upgrade issues click here